Monday, September 17, 2007

Hooters and Idar-Oberstein Weekend






So Friday night 11 of us went to the only Hooters in Germany for Danyelle's Birthday. It was really fun. It was liking walking onto a piece of American soil again. Everything was in English and there were tons of Americans (mostly military) there. Even the food tasted like USA! It was fun.

Saturday morning my host parents had a meeting with someone in Idar-Oberstein and they suggested I go and check out the city for a couple of hours. So I did. It was beautiful. I has a chruch build into the side of a mountian. It also has small Castle. The city is known for mining and its precious jewels and mineral rocks. I bought mom, Aunt Vicki, Nannie, and myself a neclace from there. It was fun

Saturday night I went to a Bar-B-Que with some of the other american's I met at Frisbee. It was awesome. One of the girls has a brother in the army her, so she shops on base alot. So we go to have like ribs, corn on the cob, green beans, and real Bar-b-Que sauce. It was good to have a bit of American taste here.

Sunday I chilled and relaxed at the weekend house with the host fam. I'm really going to miss them, but I will keep in touch with them I am sure. I am probably going to Strasbourg France with them next weekend for the oldest brothers house warming party. He just moved there.

Oh yea today me and 2 other girls decided we are gonna plan a trip to Dublin like Oct. 6th or so. Because we don't start Uni classes till Oct. 15th. I'm excited!

No comments: