Monday, August 20, 2007

Trier, Luxembourg, and the "ReBeatles"

So it's been 50 years since Saarland joined Germany, and they celebrated! It was crazy here this weekend! They had like 15 stages set up for bands and plays and such. Tons of beer obviously and a parade on Saturday. We went to the pararde and then watched a Beatles cover band named the "ReBeatles" It was awesome! There were really good and I don't think I've ever had so much fun singing songs I've known my whole life! It was great!

On Sunday we went to Trier, the oldest city in Germany! It was really cool! We saw an amazing church that keeps the robe Jesus wore while crucified! It was so beautiful! We also went to the Karl-Marx House. So much history! I would have pics but my camera broke Saturday night! We then traveled on to Luxembourg. It rained most the time while were there, but the vineyards are soo pretty!

I'm slowly getting more comfortable using my German, and I've got to find a camera soon! I went to the electronic store and found the one I wanted, but then they didn't take credit card! So frustrating. Gonna look online or else wait till my bank account is active...

Miss ya'll! Please comment back I'd love to see who reads this :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Bryan and I are regular readers - checking in at least a couple times a week! So glad to hear you are having a lot of fun! We went through Luxembourg the last time we were in Europe (5 years ago). Beautiful, tiny place...