Monday, August 13, 2007

Heidelberg and such...






This weekend was intense. I don't think I have walked this much in so long! About 14 of us from school went to Heidelberg on Saturday. It was so much fun. The main strip is one of the longest shopping street in Europe. It had like everything possible. We visit the Old University Student jail. It was unbelievable that they used to put students there. They would have to stay for days with only water and bread. They only did this to disruptive guys. The prisoners grafitied the walls for entertainment. There were some really cool pictures drawn in there. We also saw the Univeristy musuem and assembly hall. The Castle had the most breathtaking view I've ever seen. It was cool to see and read about the history and such about it :) The Alte Brucke (old bridge) was cool too. They had an old mirror that if you touch it you will have good fortune in money and old gold plated rats for fertility. All in All it was a good time, minus ordering something I thought was pasta for dinner and it turned out just to be tomatos with cheese :) Still working on my German.

On Sunday we celebrated Damian's (my host brother) 17th B'day by going to the lake house in France. We cooked this amazing lunch, played soccer, and went swimming. Yes I did play soccer just fine actually :) The lake water tho was FREEZING to me. It felt like Lake Marting feels like in November, but to them it was just fine. I got home and went to bed after and exhausting weekend.

I'm starting to get pretty close to some of the other americans here as well as my family. Things seem to be going just fine. All tho I do miss home sometimes.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you started a blog -- awesome post about Heidelberg! I spent the winter of my 10th grade year there. The castle is awesome. Glad you got to visit it!