Monday, October 29, 2007

Music

I am currently sitting in my favorite coffe shop here, San Fransico Coffee Company. I mainly like it, because I get pretty cheap internet here. As I was walking to the train this morning and listening to shuffle on my ipod I realized I am more like my dad then I like to admit. Almost all of my songs tend to link with a memory of some sort. 75% of those memories make me think of my family. Paino Man came on, made me think of Dad singing it in our living room. Move B**ch came on, and it made me think of Kev and Colin's boy/girl B'day party they had in Middle school. We used the edited version of course and still laugh at all the random noise and screams they use for bleeping out the bad words... I love Rock and Roll ( the real version, not Brittney spears) comes on and I think of mommy. Any Random old country song = my family in general. Aunt vicki Dancing with colin at Nannie's, Uncle John playing guitar on the back porch trying to find a song me and my brothers do not know the words too, Boone singing Hank at our house on Christmas Eve. Kevin living out the words of Corey Smith in his daily life:) Colin trying to Harmonize with everything. Singing the Eagles on every family vacation. Jimmy Buffett = the Mezicks ect...Then their are the songs that remind me of friends and good times. Happy day on Sister Act will always make me think of Christi. Boston will makes me laugh again at Sarah and Anna. Hey Ya, Holly and the kids at Boys and Girls club. Accapella songs = Randy. Metallica, Fuel = Ryan. Family tradition reminds me of AC and all my friends there, so does Patience and Every Rose has its Thorn. And Their are so many more... Even tho I don't remember the exact time and date I heard every song, like my dad does, they still remind me of home....Songs, music, they help me feel I not that far away from home afterall.

No comments: