Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mid Year





So I am back in Germany. Things are going really good. I just came back from Bonn/Cologne and our mid-year Seminar. It was really good. I enjoyed seeing all my friends I haven't seen in 4 months or more. It was also encouraging to hear everyone's experiences and to be reminded about the reasons I wanted to come here.

I toured Cologne and Bonn. It was awesome. We went to the Haus die Geschichte (house of History) in Bonn. It gave the history of Germany from the end of WWII up till the present. It was really interesting learning more about the Cold War and the effects it had on Germany. I also learned alot about the division between East and West Germany and the unification process. In Cologne we toured the Dome (its the 3rd largest Cathedral in the world) and went to the EL DE Haus (headquarters of the Gestapo for Cologne in the war). Again all is very interesting. I guess I am more like my dad than I like to admit when it comes to liking History :) Check out my new pics on the right hand side :)

I will find out next week exactly where I move next (still in Munich, just another house). I am really excited about my new internship! And I am going to visit my neighbor from Saarbrucken in Lilles/Paris France next weekend! Oh and I found out I can fly home from NYC July 17th after 4pm... So I'll be home that night sometime!

I also thinks it is really messed up that its pretty warm here and snowing right now in Alabama... not fair!! :)

No comments: